Dow Chemical Especialista estrategico de compras de Mano de Obra para América Latina in Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Dow Chemical Company has an opportunity for a Senior Sourcing Specialist-Purchasing located in Bahia Blanca. The Dow Chemical Company's Purchasing function is responsible for managing business relationships and all related contracts for suppliers and outside research consulting. The Senior Sourcing Specialist-Purchasing role exists to provide commercial support for the purchase of Raw Materials with a global focus, including involvement in the Strategic Sourcing Process and Commercial agreements.
● Lead the execution of Sourcing Projects using the Strategic Sourcing Process
● Implement commercial agreements and associated work processes for products and services
● Identify Value Recovery opportunities for tem spending and define/implement associated projects
● Maintain advanced knowledge of suppliers and relevant market developments
● Assist with the prequalification and identification of needs with partners and monitor the process
● Execute contractual obligations within the delegated scope of responsibility and legal authority
- Utilizes the Strategic Sourcing Process (SSP) and associated governance protocol for sourcing projects including: -
Working with system data on actual purchases, identify value opportunities, develop tactical and strategic plans to capture
value, align with partner strategies, negotiate and implement supply agreements.
- Provide sourcing support for Dow businesses or functions by working with the partner to clarify the scope of service,
quality, volume, and logistics requirements. This may include the suggestion of sourcing alternatives available to
partners, should requirements lists be modified.
- Identify suppliers capable of meeting Dow's requirements, developing pricing that is consistent with Dow's requirement,
and maintain communication with internal client.
- Negotiate commercial agreements or spot purchases required to support business partners, manufacturing sites, and
Utilize available e-Sourcing tools (e.g. e-RFI, e-RFQ, e-Auctions) to the fullest capability.
Maintain basic knowledge of suppliers including key market intelligence, product or service forecasting, updated site
sourcing guides where applicable and relevant market developments such as mergers & acquisitions, financial status, and
changes in key personnel.
Work effectively cross-functionally and within procurement to manage or resolve process or supplier related issues as with Business Process Service Center and/or the Businesses, Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Engineering
Work experience should include membership in dynamic, results oriented teams; work with multiple functions or businesses; and at least five years in a commercial, shared services, industrial/manufacturing, or engineering related job role.
Fluence in English
● Working knowledge of purchasing fundamentals and procurement work processes and policies
● Financial and market analysis skills, and effectively manipulate and analyze data
● Initiative to challenge inefficiencies and process deviations
● Strong data analysis skills to effectively identify value opportunities
● Ability to work across cultures and geographies
● Effective Interpersonal skills
Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Especialista estrategico de compras de Mano de Obra para América Latina
Argentina-Buenos Aires-Bahia Blanca