Dow Chemical Analytical and Quality Specialist in Croydon, Pennsylvania
The Dow Chemical Companyhas an exciting job opportunity as anAnalytical and Quality SpecialistinCroydon, PA. The Analytical and Quality Specialist works across plant laboratories supporting multiple businesses, this role provides analytical technical expertise, implements most effective technology, and improved analytical system performance and reliability. In addition, this role executes the site quality strategy as developed by the site's business quality strategy and site leadership, through the site Quality Coordinator and promotes a customer focused quality culture.
• Ensure implementation of Mostly Effective Technology analytical technology and methodology
• Provide analytical and process chemistry expertise to resolve process, product and analytical problems.
• Promote a customer focused quality culture by acting as the plant subject matter expert in quality programs, processes and tools.
• Review and implement response plans for complicated analytical requests
• Perform complex analyses and interpret and report analytical data
• Provide expertise for troubleshooting and repairing analytical instruments
• Implement MET analytical technology and methodology
• Validate and qualify new equipment and methods
• Anticipate analytical and product quality problems and address proactively
• Monitor and improve analytical system performance and capability
• Provide oversight and supervision to Croydon laboratory personnel
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments wearing safety equipment, such as respirators, earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments with frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
• Must be willing and able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
• Must have a current, valid US driver’s license
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• Previous Instrumentation experience is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree
A minimum of 4 years laboratory work experience is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry is preferred.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at: www.dow.com.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.
Analytical and Quality Specialist