Dow Chemical Production Operator in Croydon, Pennsylvania
TheDow Chemical Companyhas an exciting job opportunity as aProductionOperatorslocated inBristol, PA. Site Services Department employees are a member of a shift-based and plant-wide team that provide support for the Bristol Site’s manufacturing operation through the packaging and distribution of our products to meet Dow Coatings Business objectives in a safe, efficient, cost-effective and environmentally sound manner. Successful performance requires an individual to work effectively in an empowered, team-based, and ever-changing working environment. Site Services Department personnel are expected to complete other tasks to ensure safe and effective operation of the plant, such as issuing work permits, conducting inspections, training, writing procedures, and supporting continuous improvement efforts through individual efforts and teams. The job also requires a high level of communication and interpersonal effectiveness in the frequent interactions with mechanics, activity coordinators and reactor operators.
•Operating drum and tote packaging lines
•Receiving packaged raw materials and packages
•Staging packaged raw materials and supplies
•Preparing packaged goods shipments (stretch wrapping, staging, labeling, etc.)
•Loading/shipping packaged trailers
•Loading/shipping bulk liquid containers
•Basic SAP Transactions (label printing, shipping, receiving)
•Inventory cycle counting
•Hose connection and valve operations
•Waste water pit treatment
•Routine non-craft maintenance
•Performing complete housekeeping duties
•Meeting regulatory requirements
•Employee orientation & training
•Maintain daily records and reports
•Other task as assigned
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments wearing safety equipment, such as respirators, earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments with frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments working in tight or closed-in spaces.
• Must be willing and able to climb stairs/ladders and working high off the ground.
• Must be willing and able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• 1 year of forklift.
• Previous manufacturing, chemical or similar experience is highly preferred.
• Valid Driver’s license.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at: www.dow.com.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.