Dow Chemical Administrative Assistant in Midland, Michigan
The Dow Chemical Companyhas an immediate opening for anAdministrative Assistantlocated inMidland, MI. The purpose of this job is to provide administrative support to the Toxicology and Environmental Research and Consulting Group (TERC). The candidate must be comfortable with a fast-paced environment, as well as interfacing with various geographies and leaders within the Environmental Health Safety & Security / TERC Organization.
Key Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Provide Administrative Assistance to the TERC employees in the 1803 Building by anticipating needs and acting appropriately to meet those needs. (Calendar support, travel, meetings, etc.)
· Serve as work Group Contact for Printers, and computers – Onboarding / Exiting Admin
· Perform general administrative tasks: Conference Room Scheduling, FedEx Shipping, Work Orders, file share management, procurement of office supplies, visitor access.
· 1803 Safety Administrative Support – Schedule Monthly Safety Meetings, send out Housekeeping inspection schedules, etc.
· Must have the ability to work independently – taking initiative and responsibility
· Participate as a team member on the TERC admin team to complete projects in a timely manner
· Assist with planning global meetings, WebEx, agenda planning, conference room set-up, etc.
· Assist the admin team in the planning of various TERC events throughout the year
· As access may be given to confidential information, this information must be kept confidential
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.
• A minimum of 2 years previous Administrative support experience is required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of Excel is preferred.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
• Associate’s degree/4 years military experience is preferred.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at: www.dow.com.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.