Dow Chemical Maintenance Activity Scheduler in Midland, Michigan
Dow AgroSciences has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Activity Scheduler for Operations in Midland, MI.
The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for scheduling all aspects of the daily DAS maintenance activities in Michigan Operations (MI Ops) Maintenance. This role provides oversight for daily maintenance schedule development and execution. Through the use of the Global Maintenance Work Process the Maintenance Scheduler will ensure the appropriate and timely involvement of all functions critical to the success of maintenance execution.
• Interact with Dow’s Maintenance Scheduling Tool (Primavera) to develop, monitor and communicate the site’s daily maintenance schedule
• Interact with Dow’s Maintenance Tracking Database (SAP) to load maintenance job plans into the scheduling tool
• Work with maintenance planners to ensure proper sequence of jobs and schedule logic
• Identify resource requirements per work group
• In Primavera, conduct schedule rollups which includes job plan time compression and resource leveling analysis
• Lead schedule reviews with multiple disciplines across the site to ensure the seamless integration of production, maintenance and project schedules.
• Interact with the work coordinators to establish filters for sorting different segments of the schedule
• Track and report schedule performance metrics
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in project/maintenance team work environment (scheduling, managing resources and tasks)
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Experience with project or activity scheduling tool (Primavera or other)
• Experience with SAP
• Associate’s degree/4 years military experience is required.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Dow AgroSciences discovers, develops, and brings to market crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions for the growing world. Based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $6.4 billion in 2015. Learn more at: http://www.dowagro.com/en-US. Follow Dow AgroSciences on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google , or subscribe to our News Release RSS Feed.
Dow AgroSciences Offers:
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us,youmay call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.
Maintenance Activity Scheduler