Dow Chemical Maintenance Technologist in Midland, Michigan
The Dow Chemical Company has an opening for a Maintenance Technologist in Midland, MI. This Maintenance Engineer Technologist (MET) role exists within the Global Maintenance Work Process in order to support the execution of maintenance repair and reliability efforts within a chemical manufacturing environment. More specifically the current job opening is in support of the Dow assets in Midland MI which manufacture chemicals and materials. In this role the technologist provides technical expertise which may be equipment-based or repair technique-based which impacts the availability and maintainability of the system and/or equipment within the operating unit.
The successful candidate will be part of a diverse team including Dow Crafts, Contract Crafts, Maintenance Engineers, Reliability Engineers, and plant personnel focused on improving the reliability of the plant assets.
MET Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Provides experience on failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations
• Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
• During repairs ensures that repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, welding procedures, etc. are provided and documented. Provides technical support as needed.
• Creates / updates repair procedures to ensure repairs are consistently completed with accuracy to maximize equipment reliability and lifetime
• Implements Equipment Maintenance Strategies and creates the associated service schedules
• Provides consultation and assistance to crafts in the area of repair techniques, proper parts selection, obtaining proper parts, and use of the correct piping specification components.
• Works with equipment vendors to complete failure analysis and get quotes on replacement equipment
• Ensures equipment specific training and instructions are documented and made available
• Provides maintainability input to Global Project Methodology (GPM) activities
• As appropriate reviews spare parts list for existing equipment and ensures parts are added in support of the maintenance strategy. For example, ensuring existing part numbers and vendor stock number are correct, warehouse code numbers are assigned, etc.
• Ensures accuracy of data contained in the electronic maintenance management system
• Develops maintenance operating discipline and procedures
• Enters in positive & constructive feedback on contract service providers into the reporting system (QSPP)
• Participates in developing the maintenance budget to support the maintenance strategy
• Serves as a technical resource to the work planner on work packages
• During development of turnaround work provides input on development of work orders and job plans, particularly on critical equipment. Assists with generating turnaround work inventory.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in operating and/or maintaining chemical processing equipment or other industrial equipment is required.
• Occasional off-hour and weekend support is required for plant outages and unplanned events.
• Staff on-call responsibility is a requirement of this role
• Current, valid US driver's license.
• Minimal travel outside Michigan Operations may be required.
• Willing to adhere to all safety standards, including the smoke free and drug-free workplace policy
• Must be punctual and reliable.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Able to work within an empowered team environment.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
• Associate’s degree/4 years military experience is preferred.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at: www.dow.com.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.