Dow Chemical Manufacturing Technologist in Minneapolis, Minnesota
TheDow Chemical Companyhas an exciting job opportunity as aManufacturingTechnologistinEdina, MN.
Under the general direction of the Operations Leader, and in partnership with the Run Plant Engineer, Technical Advisor, and Operations Activity Coordinator / Site Activity Coordinator (OAC/SAC), the Manufacturing Technologist is responsible for assisting and directing specified routine and non-routine operations and maintenance activities for assigned assets or areas at the Edina site with a primary responsibility for support of the Aqua 40 business. This role is expected to work as a team with operations personnel and site maintenance to effectively maintain and improve safety performance, quality systems execution, product yield, asset productivity, and asset utilization. Individuals performing the role are expected to effectively troubleshoot, maintain, and provide mechanical optimization support for Aqua40 Fabrication and Testing assets but might be leveraged to other assets across the site.
The Manufacturing Technologist will assist in maintaining plant operations providing technical expertise, successful implementation of resolve-myself equipment and work process improvements, and supporting organizational growth in implementation and maintenance of the Operate Plant Work Process. In addition, the Manufacturing Technologist will be working towards being a Plant and area process subject matter resource. Utilize process knowledge, technical expertise and operations experience to assist in correcting process or equipment issues and improving process performance and reliability. They utilize their working knowledge of the process and technology to coach and enhance the technical capabilities of the teams by sharing experiences, technical skills and knowledge.
• Successfully implement base common skills for a Edina Aqua 40 Machine Operator and Site Maintenance technician, including but not limited to:
• Satisfy required EH&S and process training curriculum
• Be able to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical failures in various mechanical machines and processes.
• Provide technical support for day-to-day operations of assets.
• Operate and field check equipment and related activities. Monitor process conditions, equipment, control systems, and product.
• Provide support in troubleshooting and resolving safety, equipment, quality, yield, reliability, and operational issues.
• Assists in Root Cause Investigations on operational deviations and implement solutions.
• Coach Plant personnel on process, equipment, engineering etc. to resolve technical Operate Plant issues and enhance work team’s skills and knowledge.
• Identify areas for improvement and network with appropriate technical resources (improvement, technology center, facility leadership, external vendors, etc).
• Perform preventative maintenance (PM) focal point role for defined areas.
• Provide support of Operate Plant Work Processes, including:
• Use of Operate Plant tools: OPD/Logbook, Master Task List, Event & Action Tool, GEMTS etc.
• Provide coaching on Operate Plant Work Processes: Resolve Myself, Immediate Response, Startup-Shutdown, Operate
• Plant Normal, Schedule Activity
• Assist in managing Asset Utilization Data by assessing and categorizing downtime.
• Participate in maintenance and execution of department Opportunity Tracking System
• Provides plant expertise towards the implementation of Life Critical Standards and other EH&S requirements.
• Assist in monitoring, communicating, and managing work order backlog on assigned areas.
• Conducts investigations into technical issues and supports RCI’s when needed. The Manufacturing Technologist is expected to support the Technical Advisor during the investigation and follow up activities.
• Identifies continuous improvement opportunities and assists local engineering and technology teams in implementing needed changes.
• Participates in rotating weekend coverage associated with the department and periodically modify schedule to meet facility and work group needs. Willing to work overtime, holidays and weekends as required.
• Be trained, signed off, and capable of running a Fabrication Cell and be prepared to run production equipment with the department as needed to meet department/business goals and objectives.
The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments wearing safety equipment, such as respirators, earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments with frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
• Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments working in tight or closed-in spaces.
• Must be willing and able to climb stairs/ladders and working high off the ground.
• Must be willing and able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• Experience in a Manufacturing Technologist role.
• Manufacturing, machining, design build, and/or plant operations experience.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
• Associate’s degree Manufacturing Technology or similar/4 years military experience OR enrolled in degree program and in your 2nd year or later is required.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at: www.dow.com.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.