Dow Chemical Raw Materials Operator in Mt. Meigs, Alabama
The Dow Chemical Company has a job opportunity for aRaw Material Operatorat theMt. Meigs, Alabamasite for Dow Corning Silicones. The Raw Material Operator is responsible for the movement and distribution of raw materials such as quartz rock, coal, charcoal and wood chips in a designated area.
• Ensures that the appropriate raw material is loaded into the appropriate bins and ensures accurate materials are entered in the process control system via computer.
• Required to operate mobile equipment in a safe manner and follow all safety checks and procedures.
• Must demonstrate the following competencies: leadership, initiative, and the ability to learn.
• Must have strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work in an empowered team environment.
• Must have the ability to give and receive positive and constructive feedback in a respectful and professional manner.
• Must have good computer and technical skills.
• Must have the ability to understand, analyze and resolve technical problems.
• Must have the desire to learn and grow technical skills to keep current with new process.
• Must be able to work overtime as required.
• Must ensure a safe work environment by working safely, complying with environmental, and health & safety standards.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., with or without accommodation.
• Able to perform task wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as: respirators, protective clothing, face masks, goggles, boots, etc.
• Willing and able to work in hot and dusty environment.
• Walking, climbing, standing, stooping, bending, working in confined spaces and working at heights.
• Must be able to be respiratory fit qualified and work in all-weather conditions, with high heat load, environment and strenuous work activities at times.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• Previous experience driving a 980 Loader with joystick
• One or more years of experience in manufacturing, construction or industrial setting is preferred.
• Mechanical aptitude is preferred.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
Dow (NYSE: DOW)*combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at: www.dow.com.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.
Raw Materials Operator