Dow Chemical Analyzer Technologist in Plaquemine, Louisiana
The Dow Chemical Companyis seeking anAnalyzer Technologistto support one of the businesses at itsPlaquemine, Louisianasite. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and repairing all types of on-stream process analytical equipment. This person must also possess in-depth analyzer knowledge to diagnose and implement solutions to analyzer problems on a timely basis.
Job Duties Include but are not limited to:
· Diagnosing and correcting analyzer and sample system problems.
· Calibrating process analyzer.
· Completing analyzer preventative maintenance activities.
· Interface with multiple computer technologies to efficiently optimize the operation of analytical equipment.
· Troubleshoot and repair data collection and data transmission systems.
· Specifying, requisitioning, and installing analyzer components.
· Coordinating analyzer maintenance spare parts.
· Assist in planning, prioritizing, and scheduling analyzer maintenance through planner, work coordinator and operations input.
· Sets up and calibrates, tests, measures and repairs all types of on stream analyzer systems.
· Trouble shoots and repairs, malfunctions and document failure analysis.
· Collects equipment operation and history data to facilitate reliability improvements.
· Day shift – Alternate work schedule is available.
· Must be available for call-ins, plant turnarounds and some overtime.
· The successful candidate will function independently as the Analyzer Technologist within the department assigned.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in operations and/or maintenance in the petrochemical industry is required.
• Effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work effectively in a team environment is critical.
• Must be willing to work within a Maintenance Work Process and help resolve issues that surface as a result of planning and scheduling of analyzer work.
• Good working knowledge of computer tools i.e. Excel, Word, etc. is necessary to apply company software tools and reporting processes.
• Availability for weekend call and holdover overtime is an expectation of the job.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladders, work in elevated and awkward positions.
• Must have a current/valid US driver's license
• This person will work a shift that will cover the needs of the discipline.
• Some night or weekend work could be necessary depending on technology needs
• Individual must be physically able to work in the field including but not limited to climbing ladders, scaffold, stairs and lifting (Not to exceed
50 lbs.) Individual must possess a certain degree of manual dexterity.
• A minimum amount of travel for training or technical support is required
• Individual will interact with all levels of employees, disciplines, and functions in daily activities.
• Must be proficient in computer skills
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• A minimum of 1 year experience as an Analyzer Tech in a plant environment is preferred.
• Working knowledge of SAP and the Global Maintenance Work Process
• Strong process analyzer skills are preferred, however strong analyzer construction skills would be considered.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
• NCCER written certification is required. This can be current OR obtained through testing upon hire.
• Associates degree or Technical diploma in the field of Analyzer or Instrumentation/Electronic with Analyzer coursework from an accredited institution and/or 4 years military experience is recommended.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at: www.dow.com.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.