Dow Chemical Analyzer Technologist in Plaquemine, Louisiana
The Dow Chemical Company has an opening for a Process Analytical Technologist at the Plaquemine, LA location. The purpose of this job is to provide analyzer related support services to the Plaquemine site. Job responsibilities include working in a cross-functional mode to maintain analyzer systems and associated sampling systems in accordance with the Global Analyzer Work Process and the Global Maintenance Work Process. In addition, small project management will also be required.
• Work with process engineers, analyzer engineers/technologists, reliability engineers, research personnel and peers to provide accurate, reliable, cost effective process analyzer measurements to Operations within the framework of the Global Instrument/Analyzer and Analytical Work processes.
• Check the validation and calibrate process analyzer systems. Apply statistical tools( e.g. SQC charts ) to evaluate the variability of analyses and define the need for calibration.
• Perform preventive maintenance schedules for analyzer systems according to the Global Maintenance Work Process. Assist in the improvement of preventive maintenance schedules for analyzer systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair process analyzer systems.
• Improve asset utilization in associated plants by participating in Analyzer Necessity Audits, cost of ownership studies, reliability engineering studies and statistical data interpretation.
• Assist in the installation and documentation of new analyzer system startups.
• Communicate with production supervision, engineering staff, technicians, resource groups and manufacturer representatives relative to analyzer performance and operation.
• Lead small capital projects – Define necessary technology with Subject Matter Experts (SME) help, specify equipment and design sample systems, initial piping and instrument diagrams. Work with Vendors and Procurement firms, trades and clients to arrange delivery and installation.
The types of analyzers to be maintained are: Continuous Emission Monitor Systems, Process Gas Chromatographs, Infrared and Near Infrared Process Spectrometers, Servomex spectrometers and oxygen analyzers, Tunable Diode Laser Spectrometers, Applied Automation chromatograph systems and Siemens oxygen analyzers.
There are no travel requirements except for the occasional trips to vendor or manufacturer locations. The work schedule is days, 4-10s, 9-80s or 5-8s as appropriate.
• Improve reliability of the analyzers responsible for.
• All new installations properly documented and operations personnel trained.
• Assist in the development of a 5 year implementation plan to upgrade existing analyzers.
• Assist in the development of job procedures and train operations personnel on simple maintenance of analyzers.
• Assist in the development of Predictive Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules and implement them.
• Implement work processes that evaluate analyzer performance and statistical evidence of such.
• A minimum of 1 year of experience in a technical discipline such as Instrument & Electrical (I&E), analytical or military electronics experience with analytical equipment is required.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with others using the various communications tools (e-mail, voicemail, etc)
• Ability to understand the needs of the business and/or function.
• Strong issue resolution and team building skills are a must.
• Electronics troubleshooting experience will be necessary to perform adequately in this job.
• Our safety equipment has weight restrictions. In order to qualify, you must be able to use standard safety equipment which is rated for someone who weighs 300 pounds or less.
• Be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
• Must have a current, valid, United States driver license.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• 5 or more years of industrial process analyzer experience is preferred
• Knowledge of data integration systems as well as serial data communications techniques is preferred.
• Sample system knowledge is also preferred.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
• An Associate degree in Instrumentation, Electronics or Bachelor degree in Chemistry is preferred.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
•Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
•An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
•Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
•On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
•Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
•The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
•Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
•Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.