Dow Chemical Lab Analyst in Plaquemine, Louisiana
The Dow Chemical Companyhas an openings for Lab AnalystsinPlaquemine, LA. The candidate will utilize knowledge to gain experience in how to performs routine analyses, evaluates the results, and calibrates and maintains analytical systems to provide analytical data to produce and release products in a safe and optimal manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Route requests originating within the unit to the appropriate service provider
• Prepare basic calibration standards
• Perform basic calibration and maintenance of analytical systems.
• Collect samples according to Sample Plan.
• Perform routine analyses.
• Use electronic tools such as required.
• Evaluate validity of data, apply basic statistics, interpret results, and take appropriate action.
• Monitor analytical systems, identify problems, conduct first-line troubleshooting, and escalate as appropriate.
• Document, communicate and archive analytical results and calibration data.
• Suggest and implement improvements to the EH&S and ODMS procedures, and analytical work processes and tools.
• Participate on analytical or plant improvement teams
• Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with a variety of laboratory analytical instruments is required.
• Must have a proven ability to acquire advanced knowledge of analytical systems and software through continuous learning.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Willing to adhere to all safety standards, including the smoke free and drug-free workplace policy.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Able to work within an empowered team environment.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or Qualifying Asylee/Refugee).
• Previous experience in a manufacturing laboratory would be preferred.
• Experience with Chromatography Data Systems, Lab Information Management Systems and other tools such as Master Task List and electronic log book is preferred
• Must have a High School diploma or GED
AND 1 of the following:
• Minimum Associate's degree or higher
At least 2 years of work experience in a manufacturing, industrial or similar environment is required.
• Bachelor's degree in chemistry or a related science field preferred.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2015, Dow had annual sales of nearly $49 billion and employed approximately 49,500 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 product families are manufactured at 179 sites in 35 countries across the globe. On June 1, 2016, Dow became the 100 percent owner of Dow Corning Corporation’s silicones business, a global company with sales of greater than $4.5 billion in 2015, 25 manufacturing sites in 9 countries and approximately 10,000 employees worldwide. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at: www.dow.com.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others