Dow Chemical Occupational Health Specialist in Shanghai, China
Position : Occupational Health Specialist (Shanghai Dow Center)
Under the general direction of the Regional Health Director and within the general framework of Dow’s Health Services Operating Discipline and Clinical Guidelines, this role will provide clinical care services, case management, health assessment program management/services and general preventive health services to employees in Shanghai Dow Center Medical Center to meet regulatory and company requirement, as well as business need.
- Roles and Responsibilities: *
- As part of Medical Center clinical team to provide Clinical care service to employee in Shanghai Dow Center
Provide nursing assessment and interventions.
Evaluate employees with work-related injuries and illnesses and/or personal medical conditions for their fitness for duty.
Assist site emergency response.
Provide travel health counseling and services.
2.Provide Case Management services, as defined in the Health Services Operating Discipline, for work-related cases and identified personal cases. Obtain and review health and position information on a case, develop a specific plan for returning the employee to the highest level of job capability given the medical condition; and monitor, track and communicate progress.
3.Be responsible for Health Assessment Program
Develop the specific Health Assessment Program plan for assigned employee groups, according to Dow Health Services Operating Discipline and local regulation. Evaluate site chemical and physical agent hazards, exposure information and regulatory and Dow standards to determine the specific testing and frequency needed for employees in the group.
Provide Health Assessment employee review and counseling.
Create Health Assessment Program site Health Report.
4.Provide Preventive Health Services.
- Deliver/coordinate health promotion and disease prevention interventions. Provide individual employee counseling, referral and follow-up. Deliver and/or promote health education/training programs to individuals and groups.
5.To join Health Services regional Expertise Center team
- Participate in the development and implementation of Health Services, operating discipline, programs and plans as assigned. Participate in or lead projects, teams and focal point roles either locally or globally related to important Dow occupational or environment health concerns.
10 years of working experience in medical science related sector
Active Medical license
Working experience in occupational health, corporate health management or international medical facility is preferred.
Good communication skill, able to make clear and prompt communication to all relevant parties
Fluent in English both oral and written
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2013, Dow had annual sales of more than $57 billion and employed approximately 53,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 products are manufactured at 201 sites in 36 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Occupational Health Specialist